If you've been around the home decor world for a while then you've definitely heard of Rae Dunn pottery. But, have you ever wondered where you actually buy it? I'm going to answer some of the questions you may have about Rae Dunn pottery and give you some of the best places to score your next Rae Dunn find!
Before jumping into finding out exactly where to buy Rae Dunn, let's talk a little bit about what is Rae Dunn pottery before we jump into finding the best places to score your next Rae Dunn piece.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, please see my full disclosures here.
Who is Rae Dunn
Rae Dunn is a San Francisco based artist who started her career in graphics and fashion design before discovering her passion for clay pottery. People now stand in line to grab her pottery before it even hits the shelves at popular stores like HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's.
Photo Credit – Country Living Magazine
What is Rae Dunn
Rae Dunn is a pottery line that has become super popular for his simplistic design and imperfections (let me say good imperfections)!. All pieces are usually white, featureless, and with simple lettering. For example, a mug may just have the words “coffee” or a dog bowl may say the words “nosh” or “drink”. 😉
These pieces have easily become a new collectors piece for many and can be found online and at popular stores like HomeGoods, Marshalls, & TJ Maxx.
Photo Credit – Liz Marie Blog
Where to Buy Rae Dunn
So now that you have a little background, lets talk about where you can score your next, or even your first piece of Rae Dunn pottery. Then I will share a few tips on getting your hands on it.
After some extensive research, here are some of the most popular places to get your hands on Rae Dunn. These are a mix of online and brick and mortar stores, and I'll give more details on each below.
Let's start with where can you buy Rae Dunn online:
Rae Dunn on Amazon
Amazon would not be my first place to look, but it is one of my go-to places if I am searching for a specific piece that I'm trying to find and not having luck locating it somewhere else.
Rae Dunn on eBay
Another great place online when you're looking around for a specific piece, is eBay. I have found some really great pieces on eBay and for a good price, especially with the bidding option. Just make sure you don't overbid. Sometimes these prices can be inflated, especially if it's a hard to find piece.
Photo Credit – Cotton Stem Interiors
Rae Dunn at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, & Marshalls
The key to scoring Rae Dunn at these stores is knowing when they get their shipment in. When they do, you will need to be one of the first people in the store on that day to have the best chance of snagging the best pieces.
Rae Dunn at Wayfair
Wayfair is another great place to find Rae Dunn, but be aware that these pieces at Wayfair are often sold through another site that I'm going to discuss, Magenta. Sometimes it may be best to just cut out the middle man and go straight to the Magenta site to find your next piece. However, if you are a huge Wayfair shopper they have a great collection.
Rae Dun at Magenta
Magenta is one of my favorite places to shop for Rae Dunn pottery online. I love their selection and they seem to have a lot of pieces that are unique. I could seriously look through their collection for hours!
Rae Dunn at Mercari
I have personally never bought Rae Dunn at Mercari, but I included it because I have several friends that say it's their go-to to shop online for Rae Dunn. Mercari is a resell site and you can find some great pieces at great prices.
So now we have talked about some of the best places to score that next piece for your Rae Dunn collection, let's talk about some tips for finding Rae Dunn.
How to Find Rae Dunn in Stores
Here are a few tips to make sure you don't miss out or get discouraged the next time you're shopping at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, and Marshall's and you can't find any on the shelves.
- Get there early – ever heard the saying the early bird gets the worm? Make sure you are there ready at the store on the day you know they are getting their shipment in. You won't be the only one! 😉
- Ask an Associate – make sure to ask the associate what time their new shipment gets put out on the shelves. Unless you have made friends with the associate, I wouldn't ask specifically when the Rae Dunn gets put on the shelf. They know how popular it is and they are usually told not to tell what time they put it out, but there is no harm in asking when they generally put out their new shipment of goods.
- Keep your eyes open – the first place to check is where they keep all of their pottery, etc. However, make sure to look on the stock carts that are throughout the store. I have found some of my favorites sitting on the stock carts not even out on the shelves yet.
Products that Look Like Rae Dunn
If Rae Dunn is not in your budget, or you just love the look of Rae Dunn pottery but don't care if it's on brand or not, there are many Rae Dunn inspired products I love. Here are a couple of my go-to look-a-likes:
How to Use Rae Dunn
You can of course use your Rae Dunn pottery for everyday use, but the majority of people buy it for collecting and display only. So what do you do with all of these pieces you have collected? Here are a few of my favorite ways to show it off in your home!
- Shelf display is one of the most popular ways to show off your Rae Dunn collection. I am a big believer in keeping like collections together for the sake of not making your home look/feel cluttered. So having a designated shelf or even shelves for your collection is a great way to show it off.
- Make it functional and use it when you want. I have seen lots of people use it to display their baked goods or for serving platters and dishes when they have friends and family over. Or better yet, mix it up. Display some of your favorite special pieces and then use some for cereal or coffee in the morning!
- Decorate for the holidays with special pieces released just for the holidays or special occasions. You can find special Christmas Rae Dunn that can be either red or green and has holiday wording, which is perfect to decorate your kitchen for the holidays with a some fun pop of Rae Dunn color.
- Used tired trays to display your Rae Dunn in the kitchen or bathroom. This is a great way to group pieces of your collection together. Also, there are some really beautiful and functional tiered trays out there!
So my ultimate guide is coming to an end, but I hope this has given you some ideas and tips on where to score your next Rae Dunn find, and if you have any other recommendations I would love to hear them!
This post contained some affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, please see my full disclosures here.
If you're looking for more FREE home decor tips and tricks, the Creating a Timeless Home Guide will help you create a home you love that will never go out of style! Also check out a couple of helpful cheat-sheets to help you out along the way. The Decorator's Cheat Sheet has all the home decorator's measurements you need to design a room you love and the Guide to Picking Perfect Paint Colors will ensure you always choose the best paint color for your space!